I've been using Selenium RC, with the aid of Selenium IDE in Firefox to figure out some XPath details.
A couple of things that I've learn't over the last couple of weeks:
- Using XPath to get elements in Internet Explorer is super slow.
- Selenium RC is great, but it's great to have the IDE just to test out roadblocks
- The .Click event mimicks a keypress on an element instead of a mouse click - I found some screen reader popups that only appear with keypress.
- You can't interact with Print / Save dialogs directly (although there are other tools for testing these components)
My tests are mostly checking that elements exist and have the appropriate classes / id's, so I'm yet to see how it works with positioning and styles being applied to the page.
I'm also keen to use the css element locator - it's supposed to loads faster than finding elements with XPath.
If you're interested in Selenium, check out the proposed Stack Exchange site and give it an up vote.