Friday, June 11, 2010

Delivery is near!


"Tiny" Delivery Truck
Originally uploaded by El Struthio
The last 6 months or so has been rather hectic, and very unstructured, but the end is in sight!

This month I've committed to delivering 'complete' software by the end of the month, so the last week or so has been bug fixes and working with a colleague to do a variety of tests on the software I've written or integrated with.

Testing has been going pretty well overall, I've got a suite of unit / integration tests that I run myself, but just having someone else go over my project, confirming what I've tested and what's in my head has been great. It's enabled me to sit back a bit, release some of the unnecessary information from my head and prepare for handover.

There is still a lot of work to do (see my previous post about builds), integration that is yet to be fully tested, but it has been a great relief, and one of the reasons I'm keen on moving towards an agile work practice - handing over a tested and complete piece of software every cycle will hopefully allow me to leave work at work more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment