Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Builds, dependencies and testing



Originally uploaded by +fatman+
Over the last few weeks I've been moving back and forth between testing on my computer and deploying to our test environment. I did another build this afternoon, thought everything was good, and deployed to the test server at about 430 for my colleague to test. Well, after he tried to run the test it turns out that I forgot to change a section of my config.

I watched an interesting video on infoq today about the deployment from dev to production, which has encouraged me to investigate the process a bit more. At the moment I've just got sections in my config for each environment, and I comment out sections when not needed.

So, there's much to do, including getting a build server up and running, so hopefully I'll be writing about that soon, and a whole lot of research about deployment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment